1 can refrigerated homestyle biscuit dough
(do not get butter flavored or flaky biscuits)
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 box chicken Stuffing
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cook chicken, flavor with salt and pepper. Shred chicken into a large bowl. Make stuffing per box directions. Chop celery into small pieces. Add celery and stuffing to shredded chicken.
- Flatten each individual dough biscuits. Place 2T of chicken mixture onto center of flattened biscuit. Fold dough over and pinch the ends together. Place in a roasting pan large enough to allow room for all 8 dumplings with room (they will expand).
- Heat all soup and 1/2 of required liquid for the soup, milk preferrably.
- Pour over the dumplings and cover. Place in oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Ok, I have to say this is a 10 star out of 5! I love this meal. It was the meal I requested whenever my mom let me choose for a special day. This recipe has seen some changes over the years but it's still basically the same. We used to make it without the stuffing so if you don't like stuffing please feel free to leave it out. It will still taste great! If you don't have celery on hand use some celery salt.
I usually like to make 2 per person so really this is a recipe for 4. You will find that you will have much chicken mixture left over for future use in something else or the same thing so you can get more biscuits and more soup and keep the same amount of chicken if you like.
I usually make this with mashed potatoes and then use the soup mixture as a gravy. I just served this last night for a dinner party I had (not recommended as the dumplings do take a little work to prepare, unless it's a small dinner party) and everyone loved them. I even got requests for the recipe today.
If you do want to do this for a larger gathering the chicken mixture can be made ahead of time, I'm not sure about making the whole dumpling ahead of time though. I haven't tried it yet. The dumpling will be about the size of a chicken breast. Many people think that is what it is when they first see it.