Welcome to Let's Get Cookin'!

I hope you find what you're looking for or learn something new that you might like to try. If you try out one of these recipes please comment on it and let us know how you liked it, if you changed anything, or any problems you might have encountered while making it. These insights from you will help everyone out in the future who would like to make one of the recipes. Each recipe also has a star rating so if you don't feel like writing a comment at least give it a rating. Thank you and enjoy your visit!

Find what you're looking for here...

Search for a recipe

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Slow-Cooked Pork Barbecue


Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Yield: 8-10 Servings

Ingredients:
1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 lbs)
1-1/2 t. seasoned salt
1 t. garlic powder
1 c. barbecue sauce
1 c. cola
8 to 10 sandwich rolls, split

Directions:


  • Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and garlic powder. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until meat is tender.

  • Remove meat; skim fat from cooking juices. Shred meat with a fork and return to the slow cooker. Combine barbecue sauce and cola; pour over meat. Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or until sauce is thickened. Serve on rolls.

Review:


I got this out of a Taste of Home Slow Cooker book I bought at the grocery store. It was very easy to make and tasted good. I used Dr. Pepper instead of a regular cola because we didn't have any in our house (my husband is a Dr. Pepper man and I really don't drink soda). I don't think there was too much of a difference but I would like to try it again with a regular cola next time.


Shredding the meat was the most difficult. I used the two fork method and my fingers were killing me. I could have probably let the meat cook a little longer to make it more tender and easier to shred. I tried finding an easier way to shred online and the only things I found were your fingers or forks.


There wasn't much fat to remove from the cooking juices so it was difficult for me to get what there was.


I forgot to by the proper rolls for the sandwiches so I used regular sandwich bread. If you find yourself in the same predicament toast your bread lightly first so it won't get completely soggy.


It was very easy to make and it would be a great make ahead for potlucks and parties.

No comments: