Welcome to Let's Get Cookin'!

I hope you find what you're looking for or learn something new that you might like to try. If you try out one of these recipes please comment on it and let us know how you liked it, if you changed anything, or any problems you might have encountered while making it. These insights from you will help everyone out in the future who would like to make one of the recipes. Each recipe also has a star rating so if you don't feel like writing a comment at least give it a rating. Thank you and enjoy your visit!

Find what you're looking for here...

Search for a recipe

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Meatloaf with Sweet and Tangy Sauce

Prep Time: 15 minutes Yield: 8 servings

Ingredients:
2 1/2 lbs ground beef
2 eggs
1 onion chopped
1t. Salt
2t. pepper
2c. Old fashioned Oats
2 1/2c. Ketchup
2T. Mustard
1/3c. packed Brown Sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large mixing bowl add ground beef, eggs, onion, salt, pepper, oats and 1c. Ketchup. Mix together well. Place inside a bread pan or 8x8 pan. Shape loaf. Cook for 30 minutes.
In a small bowl mix remaining ketchup, mustard and brown sugar together. Pour over top of meatloaf then cook for 15 minutes longer.

Review:

This is a simple meatloaf recipe I've come up with. I made it last night for dinner and it turned out well but there are some things I did a little different than the above recipe. I didn't have any oats so I used some crushed butter crackers instead and I forgot to add the onion. It didn't hit me about the onion until well after we ate dinner. I also cooked my meatloaf a little too long, 45 minutes at 400 then 15 minutes more and after the fact I would have preferred it at the above stated times.
The topping is, I think, very good! It's sweet and tangy and is a nice addition to the simple meatloaf. I found it from another recipe I was using for meatloaf.
Since this is such a simple recipe you can add to it according to the likes of your family and tastes. Enjoy!

*Sorry, no picture, I forgot to snap one after it was done. I'll edit this post the next time I make this meatloaf.

No comments: